July 30, 2020
Kentucky Wesleyan College , a private , liberal arts college with a long-standing reputation for quality and academic excellence , is actively seeking applications for a full- time Grant Writer in the Advancement Office .
• Conduct research to identify a full range of potential funding sources.
• Produce multiple grant/fundraising proposals, requests, applications , and reports .
• Collect information and data to pre par e grant applications, renewals , and reports , working with other offices as needed .
• Maintain an aware ness of College funding needs and disseminate information about grant-funding opportunities that address those needs.
• I n cooperation with others, offer professional development opportunities to promote interest in and the skills needed for pursuing externally funded opportunities.
• Assist faculty and staff in proposal development, budget preparation, editing, etc.
• Facilitate effective internal review of proposed submissions, recommend approval of institutional proposals to the administration, and submit grant proposals to external funding agencies or organizations on behalf of the College.
• Serve as the official r epresentative for submitting and administering grants with federal agencies .
• Oversee the administration of awarded grants and contracts to ensure compliance with all applicable laws , regulations, and requirements.
• Coordinate with campus committees on ensuring compliance with regulations regarding human subjects, animal research, and other areas, as necessary.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Composition, Rhetoric, Communication Studies, Education, or related field with an emphasis in writing or three to five years of related professional, relevant experience . Experience in grant/proposal writing for the creation and formulation of plans, contracts , and proposals is preferred .
• Ability to find and utilize resources and information from a variety of sources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. E diting and proofreading skills are preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills, time management skills , and transparent, high integrity leadership skills.
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
• Sharp a ttention to detail .
• Strong customer service skills and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders .
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines .
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint , and Outlook .
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend assignments .
• Knowledge of and experience with online submission and reporting sites ( Grants.gov, NSF FastLane /Research.gov, ERA Commons/ASSIST ) is preferred.
This full-time position has access to a full range of employee benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; retirement plans; tuition plans; and a generous benefit time program. Due to the college’s not-for-profit status, employees of Kentucky Wesleyan may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Publi c Service Loan Forg iveness Program of the US Department of Education.
To apply, complete the online application at https://kwc.edu/application-for-employment/ . Kentucky Wesleyan College is an equal opportunity employer. Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
An official transcript for the highest degree awarded will be required of the successful candidate, as will a background check. The College will not sponsor applicants for work visas .
About Kentucky Wesleyan College
Kentucky Wesleyan College is a private, four-year liberal arts institution located in the vibrant city of Owensboro. A United Methodist-related college founded in 1858, Wesleyan is known for excellence in academics and a superior residential experience. Kentucky Wesleyan earned a #8 ranking in 2017 from U.S. News & World Report as a Best Regional College in the South, along with a #3 ranking in the South in the category of “Great Schools, Great Prices,” which measures academic quality compared to cost of attendance.
Kentucky Wesleyan students can choose from 29 majors and 13 pre-professional programs. Classes have a 12 -to-1 student-faculty ratio , and 88 percent of the faculty have a Ph.D. or terminal degree. The College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees.
The College employs approximately 200 faculty and staff who work together on a single campus. Kentucky Wesleyan provides a challenging and supportive academic experience for students as well as a positive and stimulating work environm ent for employees. A hallmark of the Kentucky Wesleyan experience includes “The Wesleyan Way,” beliefs which guide the entire college community:
• We do everything with honor .
• We always support each other.
• We will compete with integrity .
• We love each other in Christ.
The Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers compete in NCAA Division II and are members of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Athletic teams include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field , volleyball, and wrestling.
About Owensboro , KY
Kentucky Wesleyan College is located in the hospitable city of Owensboro, Kentucky, a vibrant, beautiful, and safe city nestled on the banks of the Ohio River. Owensboro is small enough to promote a hometown atmosphere yet large enough to support many amenities usually only available in much larger cities. Daviess County is home to 1 1 0,000 residents and i s easily accessible from metropolitan locations such as Louisville, KY; Nashville, TN; and St. Louis, MO.
Owensboro’s revitalized downtown area features a state-of-the-art convention center, several new hotels and a range of entertainment options with unique restaurants and shops. Twenty-five parks, totaling 953 acres, encircle the city, which hosts over 20 annual festivals – attracting visitors from throughout the region.
Additional information about Kentucky Wesleyan College, the Panthers, and the Owensboro community may be found at:
• http://edc.owensboro.com /