Market Development Manager GLCC - Owensboro KY 42301
July 23, 2020
The Market Development Manager position develops, maintains, and grows On Premise and Customer Care Center account volume and gross profit within an assigned territory. This position will be responsible for account development and retention, new account acquisition and face to face order taking within an assigned territory. The Market Development Manager will have the ability to alter distribution, frequency and order taking procedures, to better meet the customer’s needs. This position may support multiple facilities.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Execute and close sales calls, focused on value-added selling activities in specified accounts
• Execute “Looks of Success” in outlets, sell and implement campaigns, and sell promotional programming
• Utilize prospecting tools to generate leads. Prospect to secure new, competitive and non-buying accounts.
• Evaluate outlet opportunities. Qualify opportunities to ensure new placement quality.
• Manage appropriate store inventory levels
• Support contract renewal negotiations as requested
• Develop customer relationships
• Review business results with customers
• Ensure assets meet minimum performance requirements and develop a plan of action for those assets generating zero or low volume
• Establish and achieve equipment placement goals
• Tracks daily, weekly and monthly call activity and performance measurements against assigned goals and expectations
• Resolve customer inquiries, including researching and closing Customer Service Tickets
• Ensure account meets Company merchandising standards
• Determine stores' product needs
• Place and transmit appropriate order in conjunction with existing geographic sales routes
• Sell in incremental displays and equipment placements
• Sell in promotional programs
• Ensure customer compliance
• Communicate account and market knowledge to Sales Center, to include information on new customers
• Assure account and customer standards are met, including assuring proper Point of sale is executed and proper maintenance of company assets
• Check for proper company standards in product rotation
• Transport, replace and maintain Point of Sale advertising as appropriate for account
• Acquire specific number of accounts based on assigned territory opportunity
• Set up new accounts with channel “Look of Success”
• Qualify accounts to determine opportunity and investments
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2 plus years of experience in consumer products/direct store delivery sales
• 1 plus year of experience prospecting new business and acquiring new customers
• Excellent organizational, planning, communication, presentation and writing skills
• Valid driver's license and driving record within Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) policy guidelines
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.