July 26, 2020
Owensboro, KY 42303
$30,000 - $40,000 a year
Responded to 51-74% of applications in the past 30 days, typically within 4 days.
SUMMARY: Responsible for managing and directing the day to day functions of the production process and production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function, to include but not limited to:
· Providing leadership, training and supervision for employees while tracking daily production schedules, and ensuring safety, quality and production requirements are met. To include coaching, counseling and motivate employees; evaluate employees; administer disciplinary action as needed and in consultation with appointing authority and Human Resources.
· Plans and assigns work for employees based on production schedule, while setting and meeting production and quality goals, identifying and overseeing production improvements and efficiencies.
· Analyze production problems/issues/variances and implement countermeasures in cooperation with other departments and management to improve production performance including making decisions; solving problems; developing production procedures; developing records/files; conducting meetings; representing department/shift at internal and/or external meetings.
· Consult with plant management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and productivity, to include; making suggestions with regard to procedures, production processes, standards and equipment to facilitate productivity and maintain product quality.
· Investigate and determine cause of faulty work and/or substandard efficiencies and consult and advise as to corrective measures.
· Work together with Maintenance Supervisor to maintain discipline, morale and harmonious relations on shift.
· Responsible for overall plant safety on shift, including housekeeping, accident investigation, and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
· Investigate and adjust personnel problems within area of responsibility. Interface with Human Resources regarding hiring, disciplinary actions, promotions, wage adjustments and terminations.
· Possess knowledge of Inspection and Quality Control methods, techniques and measuring instruments.
· Ensure compliance with work instructions and quality requirements per TS Certification.
· Interface with other departments and other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
· Attend work on a regular basis as scheduled. Requires ability to work any shift, covering for departmental absences or vacations.
· Work well and cooperate with co-workers, peers and Managers.
· Lift and move materials as described in Physical Demands
· Perform related duties as needed by supervision.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of their shift. Also directly supervises production personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from college or technical school; or a minimum of 1-3 year(s) related experience and/or training in Production Supervision in a manufacturing environment.; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 1-year supervisory experience is preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business papers, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
GENERAL SKILLS: Must be dependable, reliable, and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly. Must be able to stay over or come in early on short notice. Must be able to work any shift including weekends. Must demonstrate proficiency with a computer including word processing, and email.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus and detect minimal color variance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. The temperature in the work environment is frequently very hot.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Retirement Plan
• Vision Insurance
• 12 Hour Shift
• Day shift
• Monday to Friday
• Night Shift
• Supervising: 1 year (Required)
• Associate (Preferred)
• Morning (Preferred)
• Mid-Day (Preferred)
• Evening (Preferred)
• Overnight (Preferred)
• Waiting period may apply
• Only full-time employees eligible