July 24, 2020
Outcomes First Group
Outcomes First Group
Read what people are saying about working here.
Hillcrest Beachlands is an Ofsted ‘Good’ registered residential home for children and young people with Social, Emotional and Mental health difficulties. The residential home, located near Hayling Island, offers a therapeutic model of care to our residents which is designed to provide an enriching and positive environment. Beachlands is supported by a specialist independent Ofsted registered school that provides our residents a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum to support their personal and academic needs. Located in South Hampshire we are within commutable distance of Portsmouth, Waterlooville, Gosport, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Fareham, Southampton and other surrounding towns and villages.
Job Summary and Duties:
As a Team Manager you will supervise and motivate a team of Residential Care Workers, whilst also completing a hands on role to ensure the highest quality of care and support is offered to our residents. You will design, implement and monitor the care and education plans in accordance with the individual needs of our children and young people to ensure that key life and independent skills are achieved in the enriching and positive environment we strive to create.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who holds supervisory experience and is looking for a new opportunity. This role involves working on a full time, permanent position which involves completing a shift pattern of 2 on / 3 off including sleep ins and weekends.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
• Contributing towards the maintenance of a positive, safe and homely environment
• Supporting in promoting the children’s educational, social and emotional needs
• Leading, mentoring and motivating staff
• Providing formal supervisions and managing staff performances
• Building effective working relationships with key stakeholders
• Deputising for the Home Manager in their absence
Key Skills Required:
• Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
• Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity
• Effective communication skills both written and verbal
• Experience in managing and leading staffing teams to deliver positive results
• Diligent, enthusiastic and passionate
• Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.