Orthopedic Hand Surgeon - KY
July 24, 2020
BECOME AN OWENSBORO HEALTH ORTHOPEDIC HAND SURGEON
When you are part of Owensboro Health's medical group, you become part of a team of more than 200 health care providers who use the latest technologies, innovations and protocols. As an Owensboro Health physician, you also practice in a thriving area where your talent and dedication to heal people makes a deeper impact.
Owensboro Health Orthopedic Hand Surgeon:
An opportunity is available in Owensboro, KY for an Orthopedic Hand Surgeon due to practice growth and community need. The position includes general ortho in addition to hand procedures. The incoming physician can assist with a walk-in clinic to help build their own practice. There will also be outreach 1 day per week in surrounding counties. Staff call is 1:7 and office call is 1:5 weekends (try to align office call with staff call). Physicians typically handle their own patients during the week. This position also includes assisting with the teaching of residents and students. Candidates can be board certified or board eligible, but must be fellowship trained in hand.
• Guaranteed base compensation w/ RVU bonus potential
• Upfront Bonus
• Funded liability insurance/malpractice with tail coverage
• $6000 CME annually
• 6 weeks PTO (includes vacation and CME)
• Must be fellowship trained
• Experience preferred, but open to new graduates depending on training
• Hospital Employed position
• Fully integrated EMR (EPIC)
ABOUT OWENSBORO HEALTH
Owensboro Health is a community-focused, nonprofit healthcare system that provides innovative medical advancements and compassionate care to help improve the community. Owensboro Health includes Owensboro Health Regional Hospital, which is a top-rated hospital located 123 miles north of Nashville, TN and 109 miles southwest of Louisville, KY. Owensboro Health also includes diagnostic centers and regional clinics; primary care, education and wound healing centers; a cancer center; home care services; and HealthPark.
Owensboro Health Regional Hospital represents a new era of health care and wellness for the region. The brand-new, $500 million dollar hospital and medical office building project features a nine-story facility licensed for 477 patient beds, and offers views of lush green vistas and natural scenery from every room. In addition, highly advanced medical technology is easily accessible. Among the advancements, Owensboro Health has invested in:
• 16 operating room suites
• 2 da Vinci® surgical systems to aid in minimally invasive procedures
• Expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• Epic - electronic medical records system
• RFID (Radio-frequency Identification) system for technology tracking and inventory
Each year, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital averages 2,100 births; 73,000 emergency room visits; 18,000 admissions and 500,000 outpatient visits each year. System wide, the organization has nearly 4,300 employees and 219 medical staff.
LIFE IN OWENSBORO
Owensboro is the main hub of western Kentucky and a premier small city in the Midwest. Owensboro and the surrounding region are known for a friendly atmosphere. Located on the southern banks of the Ohio River, Owensboro has a low crime rate and cost of living, a high quality of life and wide variety of housing options.
Identified as one of America's best places to live and work by CNN and Business Week, Owensboro has much to offer, including:
• Kentucky’s #1 Sportstown (Sports Illustrated): Kentucky Mavericks basketball, Owensboro Oilers baseball, year-round municipal ice area, host to numerous softball/baseball national tournaments, 4-field football complexes, 10-field soccer complexes, 5,000 seat indoor arena, numerous indoor gymnasiums, brand new tennis complex, Kentucky Motor Speedway
• Enjoy the outdoors: gorgeous state parks, bike trails, a skate park, 15 mile Greenbelt walking/running/biking trail encircling the city, 5 golf courses, fishing, disc golf.
• Ranked #1 in the WORLD - Smothers Park Riverfront playground, spraypark, riverwalk, concessions, fountains, and live outdoor entertainment/music space
• Riverpark Center: 1,500-seat performing arts and civic center that hosts 150 performances and 800 civic events each year
• Culture: Owensboro Symphony Orchestra, Owensboro Dance Theatre, Owensboro Museum of Fine Art, Owensboro Museum of Science and History, International Bluegrass Music Museum, Western Kentucky Botanical Garden, Back Alley Musicals, Theatre Workshop of Owensboro.
• Festivals: International Bar-B-Q Festival, Friday After 5 - a weekly, summer-long series of free outdoor music concerts, Owensboro Dragon Boat Festival, ROMP Fest- Bluegrass roots and branches international music festival, East Bridge Art & Music Festival, Owensboro Air Show, Big O Music Fest.
• Higher Education: Brescia University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Owensboro Community and Technical College, Western Kentucky University-Owensboro, University of Louisville Nursing School
• K-12: 2 public school systems that are nationally ranked in academics, liberal arts, and athletics. Private Catholic school system, Montessori Academy (preK - 8th)
• $200 million invested in downtown revitalization has resulted in:
• Two new award-winning hotels on the riverfront, with a third under construction
• New convention center
• #1 ranked playground in the WORLD
• Numerous new restaurants, and unique shopping
• Opening 2019 - $15M construction for the new International Bluegrass Museum and Music venue
• Phase 2 underway.....more to come
Check out the videos linked below to see the benefits of living and working in Owensboro.
• "Owensboro: The Perfect Recipe"
• "Owensboro Health: New Hospital"