Civil Engineer (EIT)
July 19, 2020
The AEI culture is not built upon a name. Our culture has been built on people by design. We put people first because they represent the face of AEI whether dealing with clients, teaming partners, the community, public officials, or community residents. Every day they reinforce the values that form the AEI culture.
AEI is always looking for qualified engineers, designers, surveyors and landscape architects to add strength and depth to our core team and accommodate our growing business. We believe in smart growth in our communities and within our organization. If you have the talent and desire to build a career that allows you to make a positive impact, there is no better place to start your journey than right here at AEI.
AEI is looking for a Full-Time Engineer-in-Training. This position is an entry-level position for graduate engineers recently entering the work force. Under close and frequent supervision, incumbent assists Engineers by performing the routine aspects of civil engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Perform civil design calculations (i.e., grading, drainage, paving, geometric design, utility design, etc.), sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment.
• Coordinate project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group. Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommend necessary changes.
• Researche code issues and work with City, State, and County officials. Research design options and document findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
• Assist with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
• May attend “kick-off” and design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor of Science Degree, Civil Engineering. EIT required.
• Entry level to 3 years
• Ability to perform routine calculations; read and interpret documents
• Proficiency in oral and written communications
• Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle a plus
• Willingness to work out of town during the week
• Although the working condition for this position is primarily a professional office position, the position may at times be required to assist in field work. The physical requirements and working conditions for the field work are as follows:
• Routinely lift 25 pounds, but about once a week may be required to lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments
• Other physical requirements – squatting, kneeling, climbing, walking certain distances.
Benefits and Perks
AEI offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
• 401-k Retirement Plan
American Engineers Inc. is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of American Engineers Inc. to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.