June 22, 2020
Owensboro Community and Technical College
Owensboro Community and Technical College is a three-campus institution located along the Ohio River in Western Kentucky. OCTC is one of sixteen institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and awards certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in liberal arts and technical education. To learn more about OCTC, please visit https://owensboro.kctcs.edu/ and to learn more about Owensboro and the surrounding area, you may visit https://visitowensboro.com .
OCTC offers a variety of health plans, wellness incentives, and retirement options for full-time regular employees. Alternate benefit variations for temporary and/or part-time job types are also available. Benefit plans include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Supplemental Insurance plans. Wellness Programs includes incentives applied to an HRA card for healthy life choices and activities. Additional Benefits include; vacation pay, holiday pay, institutional closure pay (2 weeks), sick pay, EAP, tuition waiver & discounts, and employee discounts. Retirement plan is a Defined Contribution 403(b) plan, 5% employee contribution with 10% employer match. Visit our benefits link for more details. https://systemoffice.kctcs.edu/employees/employee_benefits_summary.aspx .
Owensboro Community and Technical College is hiring a full-time nursing instructor. The candidate should demonstrate a strong commitment to student success and team-building. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate nursing courses in the classroom, lab and clinical settings, advising students, other institutional service, and professional development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Classroom, clinical, and campus laboratory instruction in undergraduate nursing courses
• Team teaching and curriculum development
• Student Advising
• Department and College committee assignments
• Professional development activities
The successful candidate should demonstrate a strong commitment to student success, able to adapt to student learning needs, and perform as a member of a team.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) with expectation to earn Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) within 5 years of hire.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a registered nurse (RN) within the past 5 years.
• Preferred Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and/or Certified Nurse Educator (CNE).
Applicants must complete and submit:
• Online application.
• Cover letter.
• Copy of all college transcripts.
• Three letters of recommendation.
• Kentucky State Law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
• Selected candidate will perform a teaching demonstration.
Positions are based on a term-contract, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
July 23, 2020. Duties will begin in August 2020. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified. The search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
Salary range - $36,340 - $41,000 (10th month assignment)
Hours Per Week:
Minimum Years Experience: