Automation Engineer 6
June 24, 2020
26354BR Requisition ID:
CDM Smith is seeking an Automation Engineer with a passion for Automation and a curiosity to explore new technologies to help drive and advance our practice. As a member of the Columbus Automation team, the Automation Engineer will contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• With high-level goals provided, creates basic to highly complex instrumentation, controls and related systems designs using 3D and 4D drafting programs. Develops basic technical memoranda related to design issues for clients. Prepares preliminary design reports (PDRs) under limited supervision.
• Works with clients to define user requirements and prepares and documents technical requirements to be used by programmers. Reviews basic to highly complex component level shop drawings.
• Provides responses to requests for information (RFIs) under supervision.
• Performs field acceptance testing (FATs) and field inspections.
• With high-level goals provided, creates basic to highly complex human-machine interface (HMI) designs, programmable logic controllers (PLC), reports, etc. Prepares level of effort estimates (LOEs).
• Leads testing and startup team for basic to moderately complex instrumentation, controls and related systems independently with minimal supervision. Responsible for testing and startup documentation completion and quality assurance filing.
• Independently develops basic to highly complex operations & Maintenance manuals for designed instrumentation, controls and related systems. Independently develops systems training for end users. Develops training plans for all level of client's organization.
• Leads teams of more junior staff and provides direction and mentoring. Reviews the work of junior staff as necessary. Provides feedback on client relationships and career issues.
• Leads the development of proposals and client presentations. Develops opportunities to expand contracts with existing clients.
• Performs other duties as required.
This role is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Automation Engineer 6
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline.
Professional engineering (PE) license.
10 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Experience with Water/Waste Water highly preferred
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of instrumentation, controls and related systems designs. Excellent communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite of programs. Expert knowledge of 3D and 4D CAD drafting.