June 25, 2020
07/07/2020 (8:00 PM EDT)
Pay Grade 11
Salary $26,483.04 - $35,080.56
EXECUTIVE BRANCH | FULL TIME, ELIGIBLE FOR OVERTIME PAY | 18A | 37.5 HR/WK
Justice & Public Safety Cabinet | Department of Juvenile Justice
Owensboro Day Treatment
3108 Fairview Drive, Suite 102
Owensboro, KY 42303 USA
The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice is a multi-faceted agency that serves juveniles of the Commonwealth. While striving to hold youth accountable for their actions, the Department creates opportunities for sentenced, committed, probated, or detained youth to develop social and career skills that will equip them for re-entry into their communities as productive and responsible citizens.
The Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice seeks to serve youth in the least restrictive, appropriate placement possible. We aspire to be a premier team of professionals committed to providing life-changing services resulting in the positive transformation of children, families, and communities.
For more information about the Department of Juvenile Justice please visit:
This is a highly responsible position in the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet. The employee is expected to perform all duties to the best of their ability, act in a responsible manner at all times, demonstrate leadership qualities, and treat all staff, youth, and persons with respect. This is a demanding position that requires maturity, reliability, and self-discipline. Career growth and advancement are encouraged through training and mentoring opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinates the administration of non-programmatic functions of the Day Treatment.
• Coordinates the functions of an office: reviews and assigns mail to appropriate staff; assists with staff schedules; coordinates meetings/trainings for staff.
• Prepares Personnel paperwork and serves as liaison for employees and facility.
• Conducts Personnel/Payroll/Fiscal matters by interpreting rules, regulations, and policies for staff.
• Serves as Timekeeper and EEO Coordinator.
• Maintains files/records and ensures compliance and maintains American Correctional Association (ACA) files.
• Processes purchase requests and prepares payments.
• Assists Nurse with medical needs of the youth by coordinating Doctor appointments, transportation and other off campus trips.
• Drafts routine correspondences and attends meeting/trainings as required.
EDUCATION: Graduate of a college or university with a bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, OR SKILLS: Two years of business or administrative experience.
Substitute EDUCATION for EXPERIENCE: NONE
Substitute EXPERIENCE for EDUCATION: Additional administrative, business, or clerical experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (AGE, LICENSURE, REGULATION, ETC.): NONE
Incumbents working in this job title primarily perform duties in an office setting.
This job has an initial and promotional probationary period of 6 months, except as provided in KRS 18A.111.
If you have questions about this advertisement, please contact Keith Wells at KeithD.Wells@ky.gov or 270-687-7247.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D