Customer Service Associate IV
June 25, 2020
Job Posting Title FT - Sales Associate - Flooring
Job Description What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Customer Service Associate – Sales Floor, this means:
• Being friendly and professional, and engaging customers to help with project needs and answer questions.
• Ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, handled, and ready for customer pick-up.
• Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Customer Service Associate – Sales Floor delivers excellent customer service by listening to customers, using expertise to help customers, and loading merchandise for customers. Overall, most of this associate’s time is spent interacting with our customers and ensuring they receive the best possible shopping and project planning experience.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• 6 months experience using a computer, including inputting, accessing, modifying, or outputting information.
• 6 months experience using a handheld device (e.g., mobile phone, LRT gun, palm pilot, tablet, iPod) to enter, access, and output information.
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
• Certification in trade related to department (e.g., hardware, kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, and lumber/building materials).
• 1 year of retail experience identifying and selling products based on customer needs, including credit cards, installations, add-on sales, and explaining warranties, product features, and benefits.
• 1 year of retail experience providing customer service, including identifying and resolving customer issues, assisting customers in locating product, greeting customers, answering phones, building relationships with customers, and thanking customers for their business.
• 1 year of retail merchandising experience, including performing Zone Recovery, stocking, down stocking, facing/fronting product, pricing, maintaining signage, and housekeeping.
• 1 year of retail experience in related department (e.g., hardware, kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, and lumber/building materials).
• 1 year of experience in a customer service position at a home improvement or hardware retailer in related department (e.g., hardware, kitchen, plumbing, electrical, lawn and garden, and lumber/building materials).
• 1 year of experience working in any department at a Lowe's retail store.
• 1 year of supervisory experience in any field, including directing, evaluating, and coaching employees.
Job ID 1890337BR
Line of Business Store
Job Category Store Operations
Employment Type I Regular
Employment Type II Full time
Shift Stores - Opening Shift (United States of America)
Location # 0657
Location Name Owensboro, KY
Location Address 415 Fulton Drive
District LWS_USA_Market - 1294
Zip Code 42303-7741
EEO Statement Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.