Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Owensboro South
June 24, 2020
Make banking a Fifth Third better® We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Selected candidates are intended to become a Retail Personal Banker II after completing a 4-8 week on-boarding and education program that includes rotations in Operations and Sales & Service. There will be a certification at the conclusion of the program to provide selected candidates the opportunity to demonstrate skills necessary to successfully perform a role within the Retail Personal Banker job family. The Retail Personal Banker II role is a sales position with a primary focus on sales development and relationship building through the promotion of deposits, loans, fee-based services and the retention of customers. Responsible for selling a full range of banking products and services to meet existing and prospective customer's needs, while providing specialized care and service to existing and prospective bank customers. Utilize and promote the consultative sales and service process, using the prescribed tools and interacting with the staff for referral activity.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Use the consultative sales process and Financial Needs Assessment to build a thorough customer profile and identify current and future financial needs.
• Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Retail consumer and small business products/services and recommend appropriate solutions using our value proposition.
• Utilize CAMP and other approved Marketing tools to proactively reach out to customers and set appointments for periodic financial reviews.
• Primarily focused on cross-selling to existing customer base and engaging in outside sales activities (i.e. Membership Advantage onsite presentations, business sales calls, community financial literacy events, etc.) as directed.
• Establish close working relationships with assigned Business Partners (Mortgage, Small Business, Commercial and Investment), referring customers when appropriate to provide timely, and holistic financial solutions.
• Consistently meet/exceed customer experience and individual/team production goals and enhance year-over-year revenue growth as measured by the Financial Center P&L.
• Provide guidance to CSRs with respect to the sales and referral process.
• Promote customer satisfaction with a friendly, helpful demeanor and professionalism.
• Act with confidence by answering customer questions and owning customer issues.
• Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all business confidential.
• Follow the Bancorp Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other related policies, maintaining ethical behavior at all times.
• Adhere to established policies and procedures while opening/servicing the full range of Retail products.
• Participate in the consumer loan and bankcard process, owning sourced loans from application through closing.
• Participate in the opening/closing process of the Financial Center or Bank Mart as directed by the Financial Center Manager.
• Keep up to date on Retail procedures in place to mitigate fraudulent activity and unnecessary risk or exposure.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• College degree or work experience providing transferrable skills or combination of education and experience.
• Experience in the financial industry preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop comfort level with sales activities designed to acquire new consumer household and small business customers and/or cross-sell to established customers.
• Must be able to demonstrate understanding of advanced math functions that will allow for analysis of credit and financial information.
• Ability to professionally represent Fifth Third Bank in terms of appearance and verbal/written communication.
• Demonstrated ability to develop a working knowledge of Retail policies and procedures in order to utilize good judgment in making sound decisions.
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). The NMLS web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration Required for employment in this position.
• Normal office environment.
• Extending viewing of computer screens.
• This program will require the ability to travel within the affiliate for training as well as scheduling flexibility.
• Travel outside of the affiliate will be required for various classroom training sessions.
Retail Personal Banker Associate II - Owensboro South LOCATION -- Owensboro, Kentucky 42301
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full time