June 26, 2020
Jerry Ray Davis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Owensboro, KY 42301
FCA SERVICE TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Description:: .
FCA Service Technicians inspect, maintain, and repair cars and light trucks. Techs use their training and experience to properly diagnosis and repair customers and inventory vehicles in a timely manner.
As an FCA Technician, it is your responsibility to keep your work station clean, organized, and safe. You must clean and maintain all shop equipment such as brake lathes, tire equipment, alignment station and lifts. An FCA Technician works well with others as teamwork is a big part of a successful shop.
Training is also a big part of being a successful FCA Technician. FCA provides online training free to you through Chrysler DealerConnect. The dealership will provide free transportation and board with meals to all techs who have to go to offsite classroom training.
All raises and promotions are based on experience, training and attendance. You will receive a yearly performance review. You will also receive a performance review anytime you level up with FCA.
Job Responsibilities and Duties .
• Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations and headlight/taillight installations
• Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
• Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers’ problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
• Inspect vehicles according to the state’s requirements for emissions and safety
• Conduct necessary repairs and take vehicles for test drives to verify soundness
• Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for our records
• Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
Job Qualifications . .
• High school diploma/GED required
• ASE certification required
• 3+ years’ of service technician experience
• Willingness to participate in in-house training
• Ability to operate all auto repair tools
• Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment a must
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental Insurance
• Employee Discount
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Professional Development Assistance
• Referral Program
• Vision Insurance
• 10 Hour Shift
• Day Shift
• Monday to Friday
• automotive: 3 years (Preferred)
• United States (Required)
• Store Discounts
• Diesel engines
• Mechanic experience
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
• Cars and light trucks
This Job Is:
• A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
• Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
• A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
• Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
• Basic computer and internet literacy
• Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
• Keep shop equipment operating (maintain, troubleshoot, repair, etc.)
• Drive manual transmission vehicles
• Use computer diagnostic equipment
Company's Facebook page:
• Waiting period may apply