Automotive Service Advisor
June 26, 2020
Automotive Service Advisor
Jerry Ray Davis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Owensboro, KY 42301
$36,000 - $75,000 a year
Service Advisor Job Description
As a service advisor, you have the most interaction with all service customers. Your most important duty each day is to protect the reputation and keep the social media presence of the dealership at the highest level. To be successful at this, you must conduct yourself with the utmost of integrity and never take advantage of customers. At the same time, it is also your responsibility to make sure every service customer leaves the dealership with details of everything we did to help extend the life of their vehicle. This includes a thorough multi point inspection and a detailed invoice explaining all work performed.
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Job Responsibilities : .
• Initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested.
• Verifies warranty and service contract coverage, developing estimates, writing repair orders, and maintaining customer rapport and records.
• Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms, clarifying description of problems, conducting inspections, taking test drives, checking vehicle maintenance records, and examining service schedules.
• Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor.
• Calculates customer’s payment, including deductibles.
• Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required.
• Obtains approval signatures and enters RO into service database system.
• Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle, obtaining customer’s approval of estimates, obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers, answering questions and concerns, and arranging towing and temporary transportation.
• Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading manufacturers’ publications.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Automotive Service Writer Advisor Qualifications / Skills: .
• Equipment Maintenance
• Problem solving
• Reporting research results
• Quality focus
• Product knowledge
• Customer service
• Safety management
• Education and Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• 2-plus years of experience in a service advisor role strongly preferred
• Experience or certification with specific manufacturer is a bonus
• Computer and point-of-sale proficiency
• Previous customer service experience
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
• Dental Insurance
• Employee Discount
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Professional Development Assistance
• Referral Program
• Vision Insurance
• 10 Hour Shift
• Day Shift
• Monday to Friday
• automotive: 3 years (Preferred)
• Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
• United States (Required)
• Store Discounts
• Ops Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
Company's Facebook page:
• Waiting period may apply