June 25, 2020
Job Locations US-KY-Owensboro
Posted Date 10 hours ago (6/25/2020 9:30 AM)
# of Openings 1 Category Manufacturing/Production/Warehouse
The Glenmore Distillery has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery . The distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
The Sazerac Company’s vision is to become one of the industry’s most desired places to be. The company attributes its success to a unique blend of history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, its people. For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com .
• Oversees operations of assigned bottling lines to effectively and efficiently ensure completion of production schedules within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Provides technical assistance to operators and line employees. Coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production quality and efficiency. Works with Bottling Manager and bottling maintenance team to implements operational and mechanical improvements. Evaluates production efficiency and cost; plans, organizes, directs, monitors and evaluates production on assigned lines; directs improvements and corrective action plans. Establishes work schedules
• Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Bottling department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents to determine and address root cause. Understand and comply with safety requirements of position; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately. Participate in safety inspections
• Trains and supervises assigned bottling line employees to improve skills and performance of all employees in the Bottling Department. Motivates and manages employees to product quality products within quality and efficiency guidelines. Evaluates employee performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develops improvement plans to address. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Bottling Manager to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance. Improve at least one skill each year as agreed with supervisor. Deliver on performance against outcomes.
• Continuously improve the quality of processes, products, services and the culture in which we work. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid need for rework.
• Provide support to the New Product Development Team in developing new products within timelines and budgets. Provides input to evaluate equipment capabilities and capital expenditure requirements. Works with the management team to implement new initiatives including new products and packages. Coordinate work with other departments to maintain product quality and production efficiency. Ensure that defect free products are scheduled, produced and shipped, in full and on time to meet customer demand.
• Meets and exceeds customer expectations through supervision of assigned bottling lines to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications. Resolves production related problems.
• Recommend ideas to reduce costs.Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields and throughput without sacrificing quality. Analyzes and resolves problems related to efficiency, processes, material, scrap and waste
• Provides leadership to assigned bottling line teams in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company a Best Place to Work. Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management.
• Ensures all Bottling operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance. Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations.
• Monitors and supervises housekeeping within the Bottling department.
• 2 years relevant experience in a fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Supervisory experience
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Familiar with beverage processing and its associated equipment
Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Sazerac and its affiliates engage in personnel decisions and administer our personnel policies without regard to race, religion or creed, color, sex or gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We affirm in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS