Truck Driver, Class A - Full Time
June 24, 2020
Truck Driver, Class A - Full Time
Job Locations US-KY-OWENSBORO
Posted Date 1 day ago (6/24/2020 12:53 PM)
Requisition ID 2020-86951 Category Drivers Employment Type Regular - Full Time (4) Travel Requirements Driver Position Code 0601
Stop your job search!
We have immediate openings for a Class A Solo OTR driver, and want you to join our team in Owensboro!
About the position:
• Compensation: $1025.00 Weekly Guarantee if on a route; $1200 weekly if Extra Board
• Quality Home Time: Home daily
• Bonuses: $5000.00 Sign-on and $2600.00 for Referrals
• No Touch Freight
• Trailer type: 53' Dry Van
Call Aaron at 786-316-9248
• PTO beginning in first year
• 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide. If your truck is down, you still get paid.
• Be the captain of your ship – we trust you to make decisions to keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver safety.
• Travel companion policy – need to bring a family member on the road with you? They’re our family too and because we know pets are family, this policy extends to them as well. *Select locations only
• Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
• Driver & employee appreciation events
• Driver of the Year program
• Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on safety, support, trust, and respect.
• Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer, management, and beyond.
• Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust. Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
• Voted one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes four years in a row.
We develop, take care of, and cultivate long-term careers!
Start with Ryder –Retire with Ryder
• Minimum 22 years of age
• Pass a Ryder Drug Test
• Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
• Pass a DOT physical
• Pass a Ryder road test
• Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
• Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
• 12 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
• 2 years’ experience within the last 5 years, OR
• 5 years’ experience within the last 10 years
• Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
• Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
• Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
• Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply Now! Apply
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS