Virtual Banking Specialist
June 24, 2020
Full-Time NOTE: This position is based out of Owensboro,Kentucky and is not a virtual/remote position.
Job Status: Non-Exempt; Full Time
Position Title: Virtual Banking Specialist
Supervision Received: Position reports to E-Banking and Service Center Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Summary: The Virtual Banking Specialist is responsible for providing exceptional customer service via video interaction. This includes processing a high volume of transactions, balancing of those transactions, and following all procedures and bank policies. This position requires a minimum 30 day rotation in Customer Service Specialist, Electronic Services and Teller roles.
Hours: The Virtual Banking Department is available from 6:00am-8:00pm CST Monday-Friday and 8:00am-1:00pm CST Saturday. Will be required to work a flexible schedule if necessary. The position will work a total of 40 hours each week.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet all customers via telecommunications in a timely and professional manner
- Process all ITM transactions via video efficiently and accurately while providing quality service
- Cash checks and payout money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds
- Explain, promote, and sell specialized products
- Responsible for following Independence Bank Security procedures
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of customer accounts
- Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating workflow
- Answer inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products
- Assist customers in solving account errors or problems
- Promote and maintain positive relations with all contacts, customers, and potential customers
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Knowledge Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- General Banking Knowledge Need strong background in teller processes, Electronic Banking Services, and Customer Service/telephone skills (will have hands-on development to learn culture and core system that is unique to the Bank).
- Customer and Personal Service Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Economics and Accounting Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Mathematics Knowledge of arithmetic and algebra and their applications
- Computers and Electronics Knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Public Safety and Security Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions
- Sales and Marketing Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems
- Law and Government Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules applicable to the job, and the democratic political process
- Clerical Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
Skills and Abilities:
- Honesty and integrity are highly important
- Strong communication skills and active listening skills
- Requires a high energy level and strong sense of urgency
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task
- Must possess decision making ability
- Must be comfortable being on camera at all times while servicing clients
- Must be comfortable with emerging technologies
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Clerical, administrative, cash handling, or customer service experience preferred
Physical Requirements of Essential Job Functions:
May be required to stand for long periods of time; Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls; Requires repetitive movement of arms and hands; Requires sitting; Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams; Requires writing letters and memos; Requires operation of multi-lane drive-thru equipment including travel containers and speakers; Requires use of electronic mail; Requires telephone conversations; Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise), Includes conflict situations; Requires use of multiple software systems; Requires dealing with unpleasant, angry, or discourteous people; Requires lifting up to 25 lbs; Requires repeating the same physical activities or mental activities over and over; Requires being exact or highly accurate; Freedom to determine tasks, priorities, and goals; Requires meeting strict deadlines; Requires work with others in a group or team; Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities; Requires work with external customers or the public; Includes responsibility for work outcomes and results, Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people; Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 75% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, 10-key calculator, phone, and similar machines.
Indoor, environmentally controlled. Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises.
**This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties required by his or her supervisor. Therefore, the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status