Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) (7.5 hrs/day; 186 days/year)
June 17, 2020
Looking for a qualified, motivated candidate to assist in providing physical therapy for individual students in the public school setting.
1. Graduation from an accredited program in Physical Therapy Assistant
2. Valid PTA license issued by the State of Kentucky
Duties include but not limited to:
1. Assist in developing, implementing and evaluating programs and procedures for physical therapy and assessment; assist in developing and reviewing Individual Education Plan therapy goals, make recommendations and adjust as appropriate; and interpret program to parents and school personnel.
2. Assist in conducting evaluations, maintain records and prepare reports concerning individual students; review medical and therapy reports to assure compliance with established laws, regulations and procedures.
3. Operate a variety of therapeutic equipment and assistive technology devices; train others in the use of such equipment as necessary; maintain equipment in proper working condition.
4. Perform related duties as assigned by the Director od Special Services.
Knowledge and ability to complete (under the supervision of a PT):
1. Principles and techniques of physical therapy.
2. Laws and regulations concerning special education, medical records and therapeutic services.
3. Neurology, anatomy, physiology including fine motor, sensory, perceptual, and manipulation skill development.
4. Physical therapy evaluation instruments.
5. Good oral and communication skills.
6. Record keeping techniques.
7. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
8. Nature and needs of students with disabilities (including low incident disabilities).
9. Provide physical therapy to eligible services in the school setting.
10. Communicate effectively with families and teachers of students wtih disabilities.
11. Determine and evaluate therapy.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
13. Medicaid billing paperwork
Position requires travel within the Daviess County Public Schools attendance area
Reports directly to the Director of Special Services
Supervised by Licensed Physcial Therapist
2020-2021 School Year