Security Officer - SUSA
June 23, 2020
• Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
• Makes periodic patrols to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment.
• Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
• Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process
• Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked entrances and exits, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons.
• Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations.
• Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
• Prepares logs and reports as required.
• Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
• With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing requirements for Security Officers.
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer