2nd & Charles: Key Holder(#2140)
June 22, 2020
The Key Holder manages the day to day operation of the store as Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The Key Holder may also be responsible for one of the following categories: book, buyback, or media.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Maximizes profits and customer service by operating the store in adherence with all store policies and guidelines.
• Operates the store as the Manager On-Duty in accordance with the MOD Responsibilities Policy.
• Maintains the physical security of the Second & Charles store they are assigned, and in doing so is a key-holding member of management.
• Ensure customer satisfaction on a day-to-day basis.
• Ensuring that all customers are greeted, invited back, and satisfied with their purchases.
• Customer complaints are handled to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Daily maintenance of category merchandising in all departments.
• Maintaining all aspects of the store’s operational requirements in order to ensure that exemplary customer service standards are achieved daily.
• Sales, payroll, inventory, merchandising and housekeeping functions at all times.
• Ensures consistent standards and training for determining book conditions and purchase prices.
• Reviews buying reports for all buyers to ensure compliance with Second & Charles policies and standards.
• Monitor process times for book buying. Ensure that process is operating most efficiently at all times.
• Supervise the following Associates/Departments to achieve maximum sales and profits:
• Reviews transaction reporting for all intake associates to ensure acceptable credit/cash ratio.
• Reviews transaction reporting for all cashiers to monitor line item markdowns, voids, and compliance with Second & Charles policies and standards.
• Monitors process times for new product intake/offer completion. Ensure that process is operating most efficiently at all times.
• Maintain POS/Intake supply levels.
• Perform audits to ensure that all cash handling procedures are being followed by Associates/Managers.
• Communicate supply needs to General Manager weekly.
• Complete additional assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Previous experience in a supervisor role
• Successful completion of all required background screenings
• Computer and cash register skills
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
• Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance.
• Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.