Mobile Crisis Clinician
June 14, 2020
Mobile Crisis Clinician
Acumen Counseling Services
Owensboro, KY 42301
The goal of Mobile Crisis services is to more appropriately connect individuals experiencing mental health or substance use crises to therapeutic treatment options, instead of relying on law enforcement and unnecessarily using emergency rooms. The team provides brief and intensive services where they assess and resolve the immediate crisis through direct intervention or finds appropriate resources for crisis resolution.
The members of the team Mobile Crisis will-
• Work collaboratively with other Mobile Crisis team members.
• Respond promptly when children, families and adults are experiencing a crisis that puts them at great risk for hospitalization or other higher out of home levels of care.
• Assess crises through risk assessment, management, crisis prevention, intervention and engage as appropriate to help de-escalate crises and promote stability and recovery.
• Perform a range of services related to the assessment, coordination of care, psychoeducation, and/or brief treatment of individuals experiencing crises, in the school, home, community, or in the outpatient clinic setting.
• Utilize Consumer Directed Outcome Informed Care in assessments and clinical treatment episodes.
• Coordinate referral and transition for engaged clients once stabilization is established.
• Promotes a culture of inclusion and participation.
• Be able to have a flexible work schedule and participate in an on-call (waiting to engage) rotation.
+Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling,Psychology, Social Work or closely related field; license as required byKentucky professional boards and billing sources.
+Valid driver's license, reliable operating transportation, and proof of current auto insurance
+Prefer experience working with children, families and adults who experience complex emotional and behavioral difficulties, which may present in crisis and Qualified Mental Health Professional
Location ID – Owensboro,KY
Relocationis not provided and travel is required.
Eligible for Over-Time: NO
Eligible for Shift Differential: NO
Full-time employees are eligible for: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, and Long-term Disability
Part-time (0.6 and above) and Full-time employees are eligible for: Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, and 403b
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, and Criminal Background Check
Additional Information: EOE/M/F/VET/Disab