Lab Lab Technician
June 17, 2020
Lab Lab Technician
Owensboro, KY 42301
Read what people are saying about working here.
Select, cut, edge, finish, surface, fit lenses to frames, and provide customers high quality eyewear delivered as promised. Maintain Lab equipment in good working order through proper maintenance. (Lab Technicians, Journeyman and Lead Lab Technician must complete appropriate Lab Certification Training specific to the position.). (A Licensed Lab position will possess a State Optician’s License for states where required by the company).
1. Routinely demonstrate hands on proficiency of all objectives in the Lab Certification Program as outlined in the SOP 9.01, for level attained.
2. Ensure all jobs are clocked in upon receipt and clocked out after final lab inspection in accordance with Company standards to include jobs completed in about an hour as promised.
3. Control lab inventory through auditing tray management procedures, special orders, check-in of lenses, inter-store merchandise transfers, breakage, returns, and the monitoring of damaged and defective product.
4. Meet as promised service, “7 Point Quality Check”, ANSI Standards and tolerance standards.
5. Perform SKU exchanges as required in accordance with Company policy.
6. Perform regular machine maintenance in accordance with maintenance checklist and report equipment malfunctions to the Manager on Duty.
7. Meet Company safety rules and standards to include following guidelines for hazardous material handling and waste disposal.
8. May cross train in the retail area.
• One (1) year of related experience
• Optical preferred
• HS diploma, GED or equivalent related job experience
Additional Relevant Experience/Education Required:
• Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Must meet all Lab Certification requirements (Lab Technicians, Journeymen and Lead Lab Technicians must complete Lab Certifications specific to the position)
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English in order to understand written procedures, hazardous warning, etc.
• Work changing schedules to meet business demands
• Work inside location
• Strong organization skills
• Speak clearly and effectively
• Read English
• Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
• Meet customer expectations
• Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
• Follow procedures and instructions
• Use computer effectively and view computer screen
• Wear protective eyewear and gloves
• Work with substances which may cause skin irritation and/or noxious fumes
• Exposure to temperature changes
• Bend and stoop continuously
• Reach above shoulder continuously
Training Requirements (where applicable)
• Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Activity Amount of Time
None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel X
Reach with Hands and Arms X
Climb or balance X
Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl X
Talk or hear X
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
• Must be detail orientated and well organized.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
• Must be energetic and self-motivated.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to problem solve.
• Must work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
• Must have the ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.