June 14, 2020
LHC Group. Inc
Owensboro, KY 42303-1449
Owensboro, Kentucky, US
Almost Family is hiring PRN CNA Certified Nursing Assistants to provide patient care in the Owensboro Area! We offer flexible schedules and weekly pay!
The Private Duty Aide - Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is a person who provides aide, support, assistance with personal hygiene and household functions for an individual to be able to remain in their own home.
Almost Family, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
• Reports observations of the client's condition to the Agency Director or accounts manager. Notifies the Executive Director immediately if any incidents or accidents occur.
• Utilize the E.V.V. (Electronic Visit Verification) program as applicable.
• Drives safely, complies with traffic regulations, and wears a seat belt when business travel is required.
• May provide or assist clients with activities of daily living including: bathing in bed, tub or shower; care of hair including shampoo, combing and brushing; care of teeth and mouth including denture care; nail care, filing only; skin care including pericare and applying lotion; transfer of patient from bed to chair and to wheelchair. Transfer of patients on and off bedpan, commode and toilet. Assist client in preparing for bed. Position patient in bed as directed. Assists with ambulation including with cane, walker and crutches. Personal care dressing of client. Medication reminder.
• Assists with household tasks directly essential to client’s personal care.
• Accompanies client to medical appointments or shopping and performing other essential errands, if necessary.
• Measures and records oral, rectal, and auxiliary temperatures, pulse and respiration, and blood pressure when ordered within the training limitations of the aide.
• Prepares meals as required based upon client’s preferred diet. May need to feed client if required.
• Provides clean and safe environment within the home including safe use of equipment such as side rails, oxygen, wheelchairs, Hoyer lifts, etc.
• Ensures confidentiality of client records and information.
• Records and reports activities related to personal care responsibilities, as required.
• Responds promptly to client requests
• Documents all client related activities in a timely manner.
• Participates in performance improvement inservices.
• Six months experience in home care preferred.
• Current drivers license, vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
• Current SRNA
• Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet identified patient's needs.
• Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
• Able to work independently.
• Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.