LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE-FT in BASSETT, VA
Requisition ID 2019-181726 Street 5665 FAIRYSTONE PARK HIGHWAY City BASSETT State VA
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Function as a Cashier and/or Stocker and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and maintaining plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer service. Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability, customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company assets and reducing losses.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the store.
• Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons and totes.
• Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and build merchandise displays.
• Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
• Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
• Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
• Assist customers by locating merchandise.
• Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors; clean restroom and stockroom.
• Greet customers as they enter the store.
• Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register countertop plan-o-grams.
• Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
• Collect payment from customer and make change.
• Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
• Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
• Provide superior customer service leadership.
• Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
• Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area Manager.
In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager:
• Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register; make bank deposits.
• Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to company security practices and cash control procedures.
• Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed by the Store Manager.
• Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees), if applicable.
• Supply cashiers with change when needed.
• Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
• Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
• Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
• Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
• Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
• Understanding of safety policies and practices.
• Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
• High school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory experience (or related experience/training) preferred.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for this job online Apply
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS